This position reports to the Vice President of Content Distribution and Management to support key affiliate marketing priorities and initiatives directly aligned with TV One’s distribution sales effort. This position will seek to enhance prospective affiliates’ perception of the network and cultivate consumer interest and demand for TV One in high priority distribution markets.
- Partner with Research and CDM Sales Team to identify compelling message, key insights and selling points to contribute and respond to affiliate client proposals requests, and meetings.
- Partner with CDM Sales Team and marketing agency to execute strategic local and national client facing marketing campaigns that meet client business objectives and support network awareness and/or demand objectives.
- Identify and evaluate key opportunities to raise network profile and marketing trends for the African American adult marketplace.
- Identify needs and help with the development of key sales, marketing and promotion materials (including presentations, capabilities, scripts, media kit, one-sheets, case studies, trade communication, e-newsletters, premiums, leave-behinds, etc.
- Collaborate with Programming, Operations, Creative Services, Trade Press, Affiliates, and other Radio One teams to leverage resources and share best practices.
- Develop and oversee quarterly marketing campaigns and monthly communications to prospective affiliates.
- Work with creative services, online, programming, and outside vendors to create affiliate marketing materials for affiliate mailings, trade shows, and grassroots events.
- Oversee affiliate website. Manage development and maintenance of content and functionality.
- Oversee com digital demand tool. Track activity and recommend strategic opportunities to use and improve the tool.
- Strategic and Creative Skills: Ability to conceive intelligent, efficient, and creative marketing strategies.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills: Ability to write clearly, succinctly and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience; Ability to tailor communications to respective reading or listening audience.
- Excellent project management skills: Ability to plan, schedule, manage vendor relationship, budget management, and project control.
- Strong Relationship Management Skills: Ability to create and maintain partnerships between the TV One and its affiliate partners, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient at multi-tasking and ability to work under tight deadlines. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate and problem solve with limited oversight.
- Strong formal presentation skills to interface with clients.
- Proven ability to work independently with sound judgment.
- Must be a team player and able to adapt to change quickly.
- Must be organized and able to effectively manage time and priorities through planning.
- Advanced proficiency with various computer software packages including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Position requires ability to travel.
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
7+ years of marketing experience, preferably in the cable industry. Degree in Marketing, business, or related preferred. Proven track record in implementing effective marketing programs. Experience with social media and new media marketing a plus.