The Director of Consumer Marketing is responsible for leading TV One’s consumer marketing strategy and campaign development that drives awareness, reach, and ratings for network initiatives.
This position will provide thought leadership, campaign development and planning, and executional oversight all marketing campaigns, including off-channel media campaigns.
Additionally, this Director position will be responsible for the development of marketing strategies for all key initiatives and the sharing of the strategies to all internal departments and sister companies to ensure clear communication of the priorities, messaging, and goals.
The Director will also oversee the consumer marketing team in developing marketing assets, including print, online, radio, digital and social media. The Director will champion and oversee the development and execution of innovative and creative marketing that conveys TV One’s brand and programming across all platforms.
The Director will report in to the SVP of Marketing and will drive the collaboration and communication of the overall brand experience with internal departments and consumers.
- Develop new marketing ideas and strategies to help increase the AA P25-54 demo
- Develop marketing strategies and creative briefs for key programming initiatives to inform internal departments on the target audiences, positioning, messaging, and creative lens
- Oversee the consumer marketing team in the develop and manage the execution of 360° marketing campaigns across print, on-air, out-of-home, digital, radio and non-traditional platforms
- Present and communicate marketing campaign goals and execution of plan with internal departments, and when needed, senior executives
- Spearhead initiatives that extend reach and create new consumer connection points through internal resources (PR, Digital, Social, Affiliate Marketing) and partnerships
- Provide strategic thinking in leveraging TV One’s sister companies and parent company to maximize portfolio strength and create opportunistic synergies
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that marketing objectives and executions are cohesive across all marketing and media
- Provide direction to agencies in the development of marketing campaigns assets, including managing creative exploration, deadlines, budgets and ensure everything is consistent and on-strategy
- Manage budgets to ensure we always remain on-budget
- Manage the daily activities of marketing staff and assign marketing team to achieve specific marketing goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of cable industry as it relates to African-American demographics
- Entertainment television experience is a must
- Strong experience in agency management, including managing a media agency
- Proficiency in television research as it relates to marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and especially PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong leadership presence and team management skills
- Strong organizational skills are a must
- Ability to interact and get along with peers, clients, and colleagues
- 10% – 20% travel as needed
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
B.A. in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications preferred and minimum 8 – 10 years of experience in network television marketing.