by TV One Staff
June 3, 2016
Each week we feature the best tweets about five of the hottest topics on the net, and the best part is, the voices will be blacker than ever.
Who knows? Your tweet may just end up in The Best of Black Twitter. Enjoy!
1. Black Twitter remembers Harambe the gorilla with memes.
If Bill Cosby fell into the Gorilla cage–> pic.twitter.com/rBQ5sRuMvX
— Iain Felipe (@iainfelipe) June 2, 2016
2. Snoop Dogg wants you to boycott the new Roots mini-series. Black Twitter debates whether or not they are tired of slave movies.
Not watching no slave movies cuz I don’t care to see white people beat on kings and queens
— duRANT. (@iDntWearCondoms) June 3, 2016
They need to stop making slave movies/miniseries the only ones I care to watch have to be about Nat Turner and Toussaint L’Ouverture
— Hold The Door (@KillaKam1947) May 25, 2016
— Blacknificent, Esq. (@AfroStateOfMind) June 1, 2016
3. Black Twitter continues to lament on #BlackSalonProblems.
— ♔ChidubemWendy♔ (@HeyImChidss) May 24, 2016
Me: Just a Trim
Stylist: But you need to cut all this off. This is damaged–
— Tay (@tcaxo_) May 26, 2016
4. Black Twitter celebrates Stephen Curry when Golden State Warriors have a victory… and ridicules him when Warriors take a loss.
This man Steph Curry is getting violated right now all over Twitter lmao ??? pic.twitter.com/upwqlJqtZD
— ™ (@JoeyG_LTC) May 25, 2016
They ain’t have to do the baby like t… pic.twitter.com/y0hOUYE5yq
— Atlanta ✈️selfie (@atlantaselfie1) May 25, 2016
5. Prince‘s cause of death is revealed: an accidental opioid overdose.
not sure why ppl don’t get that i wouldn’t care if prince died with a crack pipe in his mouth. the *dead* part is the bummer, not how.
— El Flaco (@bomani_jones) June 3, 2016
When Prince said “Are we gonna let the elevators bring us down?” on “Let’s go crazy”, and u realize he died in one.. pic.twitter.com/omnGLy6zu7
— Curly top papi (@He_Is_Brusque) May 24, 2016