September 20, 2021
Candidate will assist with the initial Linear Network Broadcast Log creation process for TV One, CLEO TV and any future Networks owned by Urban One, inc. Employee will be responsible for the handoff of such log to Commercial Operations, Marketing and the Uplink Facility. The position is responsible for meeting contractual delivery schedule deadlines and directing Sales and Promotions department efforts to fill additional time-on as required to time-out daily broadcast log successfully.
- Edit, time out, prepare and update the daily broadcast log through the insertion of promo filler, network ids and interstitial material.
- Optimize primary and secondary promotional events in daily logs via Grip It and Broadway Traffic Systems.
- Identify and allocate available time and assign deadlines as to how and when the time needs to be filled by Promotions and Sales.
- Create detailed reports about daily and cumulative spot counts to provide sales with the proper tools to hit budget yet adhere to affiliate guidelines
- Manage the reconciliation of program logs and run necessary reports to ensure proper billing of spots is accomplished
- Complete late playlist log change forms on an as needed basis.
- Manage and maintain the process of data entry and data transfer into GripIt! Promo Scheduling and Broadway Traffic systems for proper scheduling of promotional elements
- Establish and maintain communication with broadcast uplink technical personnel to ensure proper delivery and playout of promotional materials
- Create detailed reports about daily and cumulative spot counts to provide sales with the proper tools to hit budget yet adhere to affiliate guidelines.
- Act as the primary backup to the primary to the Manager of Network Operations.
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by the VP of Network Operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented; and strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required
- Have the legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study is required. At least 4 years of Linear Network Broadcast Operations experience is necessary. Knowledge of the media & entertainment industry is a plus.
If interested in applying for the Linear Network Broadcast Log Content Coordinator, Network Operations position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.