January 18, 2022
The Account Director is responsible for achieving national advertising revenue targets through direct sales to accounts in his/her assigned advertisers, agencies, and territories.
- Communicate the value and brand strength of the TV One Network to advertisers and agencies
- Create compelling presentations that convey the benefits and features of TV One programming and the TV One viewing audience
- Proactively keep clients informed of pertinent account and network information, as well as marketplace conditions
- Make in-person visits to advertisers, agencies and any other applicable entities to drive revenue
- Carry out the entire sales process from initial contact to deal close
- Generate revenue through new account development and existing account growth
- Respond to requests for proposal
- Implement approved advertising sales strategies as set forth by sales management
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with advertisers and agencies
- Monitor trends in African-American consumption practices that may impact the overall business
- Remain up to date with client strategies and campaigns
- Remain current with competitive networks
- Remain accountable for servicing specific advertising accounts
- Partner with research to aid in the sales process
- Manage added-value agreements for advertisers
- Stay current with TV One’s ratings performance and programming
- Strong knowledge of cable industry, and in particular as it relates to African-American demographics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- 20-30% domestic travel
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines.
- Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and minimum 4+ years national advertising sales or equivalent sales experience.
If interested in applying for the Account Director, Ad Sales position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement.
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.