by TV One Staff
April 13, 2016
Assist Sr. Research Director with interpreting media research results and effectively communicating results to aid in important decisions in scheduling, programming, marketing and affiliate sales, increasing sales and market share.
- Analyze the relationship between platforms such as TV, VOD, Mobile, Desktop, SVOD, and other emerging platforms.
- Performs analysis of both TV One and industry-wide viewing trends based on proprietary and syndicated sources.
- Collaborates with other team members to develop ways to enhance the communication of industry and content consumption trends to our corporate stakeholders.
- Creates and presents research reports and participates in communicating findings to team and to key departments supported by Research team.
- Produces, designs and supervises all research weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, to include original series and specials post-season/premiere analyses.
- Analyze and interprets data on viewership, national and local markets, potential programming acquisitions and competitors
- Assists with maintaining and updating rate card estimates.
- Responsible managing, tracking and responding to ad-hoc requests.
- Assist with training Research Analysts and interns, as needed.
- Implements assigned projects independently with periodic guidance.
- Perform quality assurance checks on all internal and custom reports (both for self and Sr. Analyst).
- Provide support and act as a back-up Sr. Analyst.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to find and tell a clear story based on data
- Experience with syndicated reporting databases and software such as Nielsen, comScore, etc.
- Outstanding project management and time management skills, comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Summarizing disparate data into informative Executive summaries
- Advanced Excel analysis
- Building stories and creating PowerPoint decks
- Strong knowledge of Nielsen software products as well as third party software systems to include: NPOWER, Marketbreaks, Star Media, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong organizational, verbal and written skills
- Familiar with TV process and concepts (including ratings/audience targeting, creative delivery)
- Must be a numbers savvy, detailed oriented self-starter.
- Demonstrates expertise and in-depth working knowledge of all research functions.
- Legal right to work in the US
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS degree and 5+ years research experience at a media company, agency or advertiser.