February 1, 2016
This position will be responsible for helping to establish and maintain the developing TV One aesthetic brand/design objectives as directed. Specific duties will consist of providing graphic support for the TV One Promotions Department (on-air promos), creating lower third and bug animations, packaging TV One original programming and more.
• Conceptualize, develop, design, and animate broadcast motion design projects for promotional campaigns.
• Develop on-air motion design for promo campaigns, original movies, and original and acquired series, opening titles, special events, franchise packaging and all network and branding initiatives.
• Maintain quality/brand control for all elements created by Design Department.
• Work collaboratively with creative, production and strategy teams to conceptualize innovative and creative marketing campaigns that reach across all media for TV One.
• Collaborate with Creative Services team and/or agencies on creative direction on live-action photo and video shoots.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment
• Design style/sensibilities must be current and/or forward thinking
• Ability to conceptualize and execute entire projects
• Great sense of typography and motion
• Excellent communication skills
• Must have ability embrace constructive feedback
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and as a team player
• Ability to work with writers and producers and supervisor to create on-brand design concepts
• Self-directed with excellent organizational abilities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design with minimum 5 years’ experience working at a network or broadcast design agency. Experience working in on-air graphics for television preferred. Candidate should be equal parts designer and animator, with a great sense of typography and motion. Expertise in broadcast design software such as After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator on the Mac platform required 3D applications a plus.