Demetria Obilor is the new traffic anchor for News at Daybreak in Dallas, TX and this past weekend she took the internet by storm, though not intentionally… Demetria is a beautiful woman with a sparkling personality, but it was one woman’s body shaming post that threw social media into a frenzy.
A post shared by @itsWhitneyMonique (@kinkykontroller) on
Not only is social media coming to Demetria’s defense, but celebrities are commenting as well. First, we saw Chance the Rapper on twitter with the tweet. “Biiiiig Mad.” Making fun of the woman who originally complained.
3. Channeled the Mother Land on the show today. 🌍 S/O to @stephaniebijoux for the Nigerian-inspired "Color Block Spike" necklace. 🇳🇬.#Nigeria #AfricaRising #Africa #MotherLand #jewelry #BlackGirlsRock #BlackGirlMagic
5. My attempt to stay warm in Columbus failed miserably❄️❄️❄️
5 of 19
6. Thanks to @blackivybrand & @khalidalbaih for the t-shirt. Perfect day to wear it being that it’s @kaepernick7’s birthday today. Just 30 years old and already in history books!
6 of 19
7. Okay okay okay... full dress time!! MAJOR thanks to @heiress_house for this custom design! I feel like a princess
7 of 19
8. Short sleeved 🤦🏽♀️ what was I thinking? Oh well, see ya at 10! 🤷🏽♀️
8 of 19
9. A year ago, my team and I traveled to upstate #newyork to investigate the death of a 12-year-old boy. Tonight, hear and see what we learned. #deadlinecrime starts in one hour @investigationdiscovery
9 of 19
10. Set up and ready to receive donations for my home state of TX!! Will YOU be a #HolleysHelper ?You can see it right outside of our studio window here at 4th and Market. 7-10AM. (See previous post for other locations)