August 1, 2019
Photo by Donald Bowers/Getty Images
After months of suspension, A.J. Calloway is officially out with Warner Bros. Television amid a sexual assault investigation.
Though Calloway has remained stiff in his denial of all allegations against him, a spokesperson from Warner Bros. released a statement saying that the decision was mutual in nature.
“The company has investigated the claims made into Mr. Calloway’s conduct and he and the company have mutually agreed to part ways,” a Warner Bros. rep told the publication. Further details about the agreement are unknown.
We reported earlier this year that the Emmy-winning ‘Extra’ host was being suspended from his duties with the broadcaster after multiple women came forward accusing him of sexual assault.
Among the accusers is Sil Lai Abrams, who In 2018 pubically announced that the 44-year-old had assaulted her in a car in 2006. She reported Calloway to police immediately after, however charges were dropped on “procedural grounds.” During the same announcement, the author and domestic abuse activist said she was raped in 1994 by Russell Simmons. Simmons launched the #NotMe movement in defense of the numerous allegations he has faced.
In the days before Thursday’s announcement, Abrams made a call to Warner Bros. to release the investigation findings, however, they have yet to do so.
My question to you, Mr. Stankey is twofold:
1. Why has @WarnerMediaGrp failed to release the findings of the investigation launched into your employee's history of alleged criminal sexual violence?
2. Is Mr. Calloway still a paid employee of your television division?
— Alecto AKA Sil Lai Abrams (@Sil_Lai) July 30, 2019
There has also been no statement from Calloway or his camp.
The father of one is on a growing list of celebrities and public figures being accused of sexual assault and misconduct. Many accredit the Me Too Movement for empowering silent victims to finally come forward and speak their truth. While others say the accusers are only chasing clout and money.
TELL US: Do you believe the investigation notes should be made public?
Like TV One on Facebook and be sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter.