This position will be the strategic and tactical lead for all Ad Sales planning efforts by managing inventory and establishing pricing benchmarks to maximize revenue.
• Manage and evaluate the operations of the Sales Pricing and Planning department staff.
• Create departmental procedures and process and evaluate employee performance against measurable goals. Reward and discipline staff as necessary.
• Develop pricing strategy in accordance to revenue goals in partnership with executive sales management.
• Work with Network Operations executive management on process flow and any needed enhancements to current resources
• Assist with budgeting, forecasting and analysis of all initiatives related to sales.
• Analyze, approve and execute commercial campaign launches across all national TV One advertisers and agencies.
• Evaluate deal performance against guarantee and manage overall liability to prepare post buy analysis.
• Project sellouts by day part and maximize inventory by leading the stewardship process, evaluating preemption/makegood status and guiding planners toward undersold day parts and flight weeks.
• Manage relationship with Broadway to insure compliance with new product introductions; fully utilize Broadway capabilities.
• Responsible for analytical reporting that enables management to monetize avails effectively. Assist in creation of Ad Sales revenue forecasts.
• Responsible for overseeing the electronic data interchange (EDI) between TV One and its clients as prescribed by the Sales Ops Traffic Director
• Manage and train sales planning staff.
• Interface and consult with executive level management to assure planning goals are met.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct a team.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively work under changing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with various computer software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, E-mail, etc.
• Legal right to work in the U.S.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College Degree in related field preferred. 6+ years broadcast sales pricing and planning experience required; broadcast traffic operations experience desired.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910