The VP Creative Services is responsible for leading TV One’s on-air brand promotion strategy that drives brand awareness, tune-in and ratings. This position will provide creative leadership and oversee execution for on-air and off-air creative campaigns. Additionally, this VP position will be responsible for the network’s graphic look, voice and promotional messaging in print, online, radio and in digital and social media executions. The Vice President will champion and oversee the development and execution of innovative and creative work that conveys TV One’s brand and programming messaging across all platforms. The Vice President will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, SVP of Marketing and VP of Marketing Operations to shape the overall brand experience by all constituents including internal departments, consumers, distributors and advertisers.
• Provide creative strategy for campaign development, collaborative insight on planning and execution and recommend creative assignments for projects based on team member skill sets and expertise.
• Execute all creative elements for TV One’s new re-branding, work in “Tool Kit,” as necessary to achieve consistency and brand identity to evolve the look and feel of brand elements to remain relevant, fresh, modern and flexible.
• Manage and inspire a team of writers/producers, broadcast and graphic designers to include external agencies.
• Lead teams to create all on-air marketing elements – from network graphics to logo bugs to in program messages.
• Work with Programming to oversee development and production of series graphics packages and show opens, as necessary.
• Collaborate with Marketing to maximize campaign media strategies with creative elements; developing plans based on strategic creative briefs and consumer research.
• Partner with Integrated Marketing to create sales assets for Ad Sales and execute client initiatives.
• Provide creative counsel and direction to internal constituents including Digital Media, Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales and Marketing as well as other internal clients.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills and strong negotiator.
• Possess strong financial/budgetary acumen.
• Strong knowledge of cable TV operations, television branding and pop culture, on-air strategies and tactics that drive ratings and viewership.
• Proven track record of creating high-quality work, including demonstrated experience in all facets of on-air promotions production — from script writing, to art direction, producing, music and voice over selection, animation and graphics.
• Experience in managing creative staff and directing creative work.
• Must be able to manage vendors to include outside production companies, directors, and photographers.
• Must possess strong industry relationships, knowledge of industry standards and best practices and industry vendors with strong contacts.
• Self-starter with flexibility to multi-task, operate within budgetary and schedule constraints and thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience in a creative services group and at least 5 years at a cable or broadcast television network.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910